How to get Online with Mac OS 8.0
- One of the first things you'll see after installing OS 8 is the Internet Setup Assistant.
(If you don't, you'll find it in the 'Assistants' folder on your hard drive.)
- Double-click the Internet Setup Assistant.
- Click the Update button.
- Click the right arrow here.
- Select "Add Internet configuration" and click the right arow.
- Type in a name for the configuration, then select Modem and click the right arrow.
- Select your modem, the port you want to connect to. Then select 'Tone' and click the right arrow.
- Type the phone number of your region in the first box. Then type your username and password and click the right arrow.
The VIF Internet dialup numbers are
514-493-0671 for Montreal
416-642-8491 for Toronto
819-340-1008 for Sherbrooke
418-266-3046 for Quebec
613-688-1266 for Ottawa
Joliette: (450) 960-9120
Bromont: (450) 726-9120
Victoriaville: (819) 980-9120
Riviere du loup: (418) 292-9120
Drumondville: (819) 390-9120
Chicoutimi: (418) 612-9120
Trois Rivieres: (819) 601-9120
Granby: (450) 574-9120
- Select 'No' here and click the right arrow.
- The right DNS Address(es) are (be sure not to use the one in the image):
Then type vif.com in the bottom box. Click the right arrow when done.
- Now type your username and the 'at-mark' ( hold down the shift key and type '2' )
then type 'vif.com'. Make sure there are no spaces here. Type your password and then click
the right arrow key.
- Now type your username, the 'at-mark', and 'mail.vif.com'.
Then type 'mail.vif.com' and click the right arrow. Again, make sure there are no
- Now type 'news.vif.com' and click the right arrow.
- Click Go Ahead here when you are ready. If you have selected the option above,
you will connect to the Internet now!